- Provide ICT capabilities i.e. network/intranet access, collaborative computing/email and networks etc.. and communications/automation tools of both personal and enterprise-wide productivity to users at the General Secretariat.
- Provide facilities for research and enhanced information dissemination such as organizational website, library and information documentation facilities, electronic printing networks etc...
- lnternetworking infrastructure allows embassies and other institution to connect and share via remote access services to access intranet information resources.
- Possibility of scaling the project by linking to Regional offices of AU, sub-regional organizations and other international organizations.
- Can be regarded as pilot scale project for a continent-wide network.
- UNDP Sponsored Capacity Building Project that utilizes the information Systems Support component for the establishment of an early warning system for the AU Conflict Management Center.
- UNOPS Project Services component
- Local Company to provide the required technology supply, systems integration services, project implementation and overall delivery. Contract award to www.cbsintl.com.